Thai Style Salad Of Lamb & Peanuts With Lime Dressing
(Lamb Striploin or Tenderloin )
For Six Starters:
- 6 Limes
- 2 Teaspoons coconut-palm sugar (demerara will do)
- 1/2 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- 400g (14oz) lamb fillet, trimmed and cut into 6 equal strips
- Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons rice, dry roasted in the oven until golden and then finely ground in a spice mill.
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves picked from the tip of the plants.
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- Grate the zest from three limes and then juice all of them; mix with the sugar, chilli, fish sauce and tamari until the sugar has been dissolved.
- Sear the lamb in a very hot pan with a little oil, being careful not to overcook beyond rare, and rest for a couple of minutes in a warm place.
- Then slice the lamb thinly and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing, roasted rice, shallots, herbs and peanuts and mix well.
- Divide into six mounds and serve immediately.