Lamb Striploins with Fig & Orange Stuffing
- 2 HORIZON Lamb Striploins silverskin removed
- 250g dried figs
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak the figs in the red wine until they soften.
- Chop the onion finely and saute in the olive oil.
- Take half the figs and chop into smaller pieces and add with half the wine to the pan with the onions.
- Simmer for abut 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Grate the rind of the orange and add with the juice and the breadcrumbs.
- Mix well together and add the chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide this stuffing in half and place evenly over the surface of the boned loins.
- Roll, tie up with string and cook in a 200C oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Take from the oven and make a jus with the extra wine and remaining figs.