Roast Rack of Lamb
- 2 HORIZON Lamb racks, chined, frenched, trimmed of fat, each rack 350-500g, 4-6 cutlets
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, parsley, marjoram or basil
- Grated rind of 1-2 lemons
- 2 tbsp French or mild, mixed mustard
- Toss melted butter through breadcrumbs. Add fresh herbs and lemon rind.
- Coat back of lamb with mustard. Firmly press on herbed crumbs.
- Cook racks in preheated oven, 200 degrees celsius, 20 minutes for pink, rare lamb, 25 minutes for medium lamb. Remove. Let stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes before carving.
- Serve lamb with potatoes and this vegetable garnish: cook sliced onion 'petals' in pureed tomato for 10 minutes. Add sliced courgettes and capsicum; cook until tender. Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
Follow steps 1 and 2 but add a few drops of gravy browning to herbed crumbs. Microwave 2 racks (700g combined weight) on full power (100%) for 8 minutes. Allow 30 seconds extra for each additional 50g lamb. Stand 5 minutes before serving. (Times for 650 watt oven).