Roast Lamb with Pinenut stuffing
- 125g pancetta, finely chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) pinenuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x HORIZON Liberty Leg of Lamb
- 3 large carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 3 parsnips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- cup chicken stock
- Combine all ingredients except lamb in a bowl, season to taste and mix well.
- Open cavity in lamb and spread half the pancetta mixture over inside surface.
- Close tightly and tie at 2cm intervals with string.
- For roasted vegetables, peel carrots, potatoes and parsnips, cut in half lengthwise, then into 4cm pieces.
- Place vegetables in a roasting pan, toss with olive oil and season to taste.
- Pour stock over, place lamb on top and sprinkle with remaining pancetta mixture.
- Roast at 180C for 30 minutes, then turn lamb over and cook a further 30 minutes, or until lamb is medium-rare.
- Remove from roasting pan, cover with foil and rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Cook vegetables a further 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve sliced lamb with roasted vegetables and drizzled with pan juices.