Roast Lamb With White Bean Salad
(Lamb Hindquarter/Carvery Leg )
- Boned or Carvery Leg of Lamb
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Garlic bulbs, halved
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Heat oven to 190 C.
- Brush lamb with olive oil, season liberally and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Strew with rosemary and garlic.
- Roast for approx. 1 hour for medium-cooked lamb (cook for longer or shorter time according to taste).
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving with white bean salad.
White Bean Salad:
- 1/2 cup small white beans (haricot or baby lima beans) soaked overnight in water.
- 1 Red onion, finely sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sumac
- Cook beans in boiling water for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly, cool and add onion.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning, add more lemon or olive oil to taste and serve with the roast lamb.