Spicy Roast Rack Of Lamb With Eggplant Relish
(Lamb Frenched Racks )
- HORIZON Frenched Racks of lamb (each rack will serve 2-3 people. Count on one rack serving 2 men or 3 women)
- 2 tablespoons dry Tandoori spice per rack
For Eggplant relish:
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Rub 2 tablespoons of tandoori spice onto the surface of the lamb.
- Heat the oven to 200C and place the lamb in a roasting pan of suitable size.
- Cook the racks of lamb for 15-20 minutes and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving with the following relish.
- To make the eggplant relish, cut the eggplant into small cubes.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Heat the oil in a heavy fry pan and add the eggplant, onion, garlic and the spices.
- Stir this mixture constantly over the heat taking care not to burn the vegetables.
- As the eggplant begins to cook it will soften and become more moist.
- Turn down the heat and let the mixture become meltingly tender.
- Add the tomato puree and taste for correct seasoning. Cook for about 15 minutes over very low heat.
- When cooked, stir through the chopped coriander.