Lamb Racks With Coconut Harissa
(Lamb Middles/ Frenched Racks 340-620gm)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic, Crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 70g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 6 Racks of Lamb, with 4 cutlets per rack, trimmed of all fat
- Cooked dried Haricot Beans, tossed in butter & herbs, to serve.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add Garlic and onion and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add cumin, cook a further 3 minutes, then remove from heat and add harissa, mint and coconut.
- Stir in egg and cool.
- Press cooled coconut mixture onto lamb Racks to form a crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place racks in a roasting pan and Roast at 220 C for 18 minutes for pink meat, or until cooked to your liking.
- Rest Lamb in a warm place for 10 minutes, then serve with haricot beans tossed in butter and herbs