Quick Curry Schnitzel
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 300g golden kumara (2 cups peeled, finely diced)
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp vindaloo curry paste
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Lemon Juice
- 300g HORIZON lamb schnitzel
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp curry powder (eg Madras)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- About 3 tbsp oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flaked, toasted almonds
- In hot butter gently cook onion and kumara for 5 - 8 minutes. Stir in sultanas, salt and curry paste. Add water, increase heat; bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer, uncovered, until kumara is almost soft.
- Mix cornflour with 1/4 cup cold water; stir in and simmer a little longer. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Trim fat and all white connective tissue from meat. Cut meat into pieces (14 by 8cm).
Optional; pound with a meat mallet.
- Just before cooking, shake flour, spices and salt with meat in a plastic bag. Dust off excess coating. Fry meat in hot oil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes each side. Remove; drain on paper towels. Cut into small strips.
- Serve meat with hot sauce and rice. Garnish with toasted almonds.