Poached Thick Flank Of Lamb With Salad And Caper Dressing
(Lamb Thick Flank )
- 750ml lamb or light beef stock
- 250ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 800g HORIZON lamb thick flank; any fat and sinew removed
- 200ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon fresh chervil and parsley, chopped
- 3 gherkins, chopped
- 4 tablespoon capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g green beans or asparagus, trimmed
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut in batons
- Salad or watercress for 6 servings
- Bring the poaching stock ingredients to the boil then add the lamb thick flank.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until medium rare.
- Remove the lamb from the liquid, then rest in a warm place for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together then put aside.
- Cook all the vegetables to al dente in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Drain well.
- Place a portion of warm vegetables on a hot plate.
- Slice the lamb then arrange over the vegetables.
- Place a portion of the salad on top then drizzle over some of the dressing.
- Serve right away with plenty of crusty bread.