Mustard Lamb With Kumara & Mint
(Lamb Tenderloins )
- 8-10 HORIZON Lamb Tenderloins
- 3 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 2 large kumara or sweet potatoes
- 250g fresh whole French beans
- 3-4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 punnet ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of freshly picked young mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the lamb tenderloins and mustard together in a bowl until the lamb is thinly coated.
- Heat a large heavy frypan, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and when smoky hot, sear the lamb tenderloins on all sides.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 3-5 minutes, depending how thick the lamb is.
- Remove from the heat and keep in a warm place to rest.
- Peel the kumara, cut into small chunks and cover with salted water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the kumara is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain well.
- Trim the beans and plunge into boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, then refresh in ice cold water.
- Wash the spinach, tomatoes and mint and toss to dry in a clean tea towel.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a screw top jar.
- To assemble the salad, slice each lamb tenderloin into 2-3 chunks.
- Toss all ingredients except the dressing together, and tip onto a large serving platter.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve at once.