Liberty Lamb Fajitas
- 500g boneless HORIZON Liberty Leg of Lamb
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 medium-sized onions, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 green or red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp clarified butter or oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt, black pepper, sugar and dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp oreganum
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
These take about 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook.
- Cut the meat into very thin strips across the grain (this is important or the meat may toughen).
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients and mix through the meat along with the vegetables.
- Heat butter or oil on a barbecue plate or in a hot heavy based pan and cook about 1/3 at a time, tossing over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until the meat is no longer rare.
- Mix through the chilli sauce and serve immediately.
- Garnish if desired with chopped coriander or mint.
- Serve with tortillas, tacos or cornmeal crepes and accompany with sour cream, alfalfa sprouts, mashed avocado and sliced tomatoes.
NB: HORIZON Venison is also delicious prepared in this manner but care needs to be taken not to overcook it. Prepare a double or triple batch of the spice seasoning in a large jar for use anytime.