Lamb Striploins with Tomato, Olive and Caper Sauce
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 425g can tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 80g kalamata olives
- 800g HORIZON Lamb Striploins
- roasted, sliced potatoes and steamed beans to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan and cook onion over low heat until soft.
- Add red wine, tomato, sugar, capers and rosemary and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in olives and season to taste.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan and cook lamb in batches, over medium heat for 3 minutes each side or until cooked as desired.
- Rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Serve lamb topped with sauce and accompanied by roasted, sliced potatoes and steamed beans.