Lamb Mince Patties with Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup bulghur wheat or couscous
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 500g HORIZON lean lamb mince
- 1 clove garlic, peeled crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- About 1/2 cup tomato juice
- A little oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- About 1/3 cup water
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Add boiling water to bulghur or couscous. Let stand 10 mins.
- Mix mince with garlic, onion, seasonings, herbs and spices. Add bulghur. Add tomato juice, beating well. With wet hands shape 6 flat patties (8cm diameter).
- Heat frying pan on moderate/low; lightly oil it. Cook patties 5 minutes each side.
- Mix all ingredients except parsley.
- Warm gently, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Add parsley.
- Dry-fry pine nuts for a minute or until golden.
Serve patties with sauce, pine nuts, fresh bread and a salad.
Makes 6 patties