Lamb And Okra Curry
(Liberty Leg of Lamb)
- 120g ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoon curry powder
- 500g HORIZON Lamb Boneless Liberty Leg of Lamb (use the balance for Steaks or kebabs), cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can tomatoes
- 250g okra, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 fresh, long green chilli, finely chopped
- Heat ghee in a heavy-based frying pan, add cumin seeds and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat, for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Add curry powder, lamb and tomatoes and their juice and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes until mixture is thick and ghee rises to the surface.
- Add 1 cup water, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat a further 30 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Stir in okra and cook a further 10 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with garam masala, coriander and green chilli.