Lamb And Aubergine With Pesto
(Lamb Frenched Racks)
- 2 medium sized aubergines
- Some olive oil
- 1 jar of bought pesto
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched with the chine & feather bones removed.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 generous sprigs of rosemary
- 2 lemons, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Slice each aubergine in half lengthways.
- Heat some oil in a cast-iron frying pan and fry the cut side until golden.
- Then place them in a roasting pan, transfer to the oven and cook for 20min or until soft.
- Set aside to cool, then spread the top of each aubergine with a tablespoonful of the pesto.
- Cut the garlic into slivers and stud the lamb with both garlic and rosemary.
- Then fry the back of the rack until the meat starts to brown and any fat turns golden.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes for medium rare. Keep the lamb warm and let it rest for ten minutes.
- While the lamb is resting, return the aubergines to the oven for ten minutes, The crust should be bubbling and have the appearance of being about to brown.
Serve on a platter with the aubergine in the middle and the lamb arranged around the outside.