Liberty Kebabs with Eggplant
- 500g boneless HORIZON Liberty Lamb, diced into 2cm cubes.
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, quartered lengthwise then diced into 2cm slices.
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1/2 an hour
Marinade made from:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oreganum or 1-2 tsp dry oreganum
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
This has a preparation time of 10 minutes not including the marination.
- Cooking takes approximately 5 - 6 minutes.
- Combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, oreganum, salt and pepper and pour over the lamb.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the diced eggplant in a microwave container with a tablespoon of water.
- Cover and microwave on medium-high for 2 minutes (or boil for 2 minutes).
- Thread the lamb and eggplant on to skewers and barbecue or grill for 3-4 minutes each side, basting frequently with marinade.
Makes 6 kebabs but can be increased easily