(Lamb Legs CKT)
- 1.9-2.5kg HORIZON Lamb Leg CKT
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup honey
- 50g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 150g sour cream
- Mix the salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Rub this mixture all over the meat.
- Place the meat in a roasting dish.
- Gently heat the butter, onion and honey together in a small saucepan or the microwave until boiling.
- Pour over the meat.
- Mix the chopped apricots, beef stock, lemon juice, tomato sauce and ginger and pour around the meat.
- Cover the roasting dish with a lid or tin foil and cook at 180C for 2-2 1/2 hours depending on the size of the leg of lamb.
- Transfer the meat to a serving dish and keep warm. (Slice the meat off the bone at this stage for easy serving.)
- Pour off the excess fat from the pan juices.
- Mix the cornflour and cold water together and stir with the sour cream into the pan juices, mix until smooth.
Serve the lamb with the sour cream sauce and either rice, couscous or roast vegetables.