Grilled Rack Of Lamb With Mushroom Rosti And Casseroled Mushrooms
(Lamb Frenched Racks)
- Brush HORIZON Frenched Lamb Racks with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with rosemary and season.
- For the rosti, soak porcini mushrooms in warm water for about 10 minutes, then squeeze out all the moisture, keeping the water.
- Chop the porcini, along with equal quantities of shitake, brown and field mushrooms.
- Combine half the mushroom mixture in a bowl with grated potato, egg, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese and cream, to form a smooth mixture.
- Pan fry the rosti in olive oil for 2 minutes each side.
- To prepare the mushroom casserole, fry off the remaining mushroom mixture with garlic, tomato paste, red wine and the water from the porcini, salt and pepper, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Either cook the racks on a hot grill, or pan fry for 5-7 minutes, turning to avoid burning.
- Brush the lamb with the tomato puree and rest for several minutes.
To serve, place the rosti in the middle of warm plates, garnish around the rosti with the mushroom casserole, place the racks on top and brush with the remaining tomato puree.