Cumin Spiced Seared Lamb
(Lamb Leg Tunnel Boned)
- 500-600 grams HORIZON Tunnel-boned Leg of Lamb, cubed into approx. 1 cm cubes
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped in a food processor
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed ( 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 medium juicy lemon
- Place lamb in a dish or bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and stir through the lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate, marinating lamb for at least 2 hours, longer for a stronger flavour.
- Grill or sear the meat on a BBQ hotplate or in a hot heavy metal pan. The meat should be crisp and browned on the outside and pink inside----3-4 minutes should do it.
- Serve in pita bread or tortillas, or over couscous or rice with sweet chilli yoghurt sauce.