Butterflied Leg Of Lamb With Thyme And Mustard Crust
(Liberty Leg of Lamb)
- 1.45kg HORIZON Liberty Leg of lamb, bone removed and butterflied
- Thyme Crust
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves or lemon-thyme leaves
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 100ml olive oil
- 140g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs, made from good crusty bread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For Thyme Crust process all ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a paste.
- Season lamb to taste and spread with thyme crust.
- Place lamb on a wire rack in a roasting pan and roast at 200C for 35-45 minutes for pink, or until cooked to your liking.
- Rest in a warm place for 15 minutes before carving.
Serve with roasted vegetables.