Baked Lamb Shanks
- 6-7 HORIZON lamb or hogget shanks (knuckles)
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3-4 tbsp tomato soup powder
- 1 cup of water
- Rosemary sprigs or dried rosemary
- Fresh rosemary or mint sprigs or chopped parsley and grated lemon rind
- Trim shanks carefully removing as much fat as possible.
- Spread onion and carrot in a shallow roasting pan or baking dish.
- Place soup powder in a plastic bag and in it shake lamb shanks a few at a time to coat evenly. Arrange lamb on top of vegetables.
- Add water and a sprinkling of rosemary. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 2 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs or sprinkled with chopped parsley and grated lemon rind. Serve with mashed potatoes and colourful vegetables.